Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Will I Never Learn?
I hope you all are enjoying cooler weather than we are here in Hell---er, I mean Texas. We are on day 457 (or something) of over 100 degree temperatures. Oh, and no rain. My hubby has been crying over the loss of our lawn for a month now and my beloved raised bed garden is now a lump of dry, cracking dirt. I must say, however, that our okra plant is a champ. He just keeps growing like 130 degrees is no big deal. Meanwhile, the hubs, the dog and I have been stuck inside for the past three months because we fear bursting into flames. We're starting to get a little wacky with the cabin fever.
Anyhoo, that is not the point of my post at all. Maybe I should start over.
Evidently I have a problem. Time and time again, I find myself drowning in a pile of projects and I get so overwhelmed because I don't know where to start and because I want them all done NOW so I just go into deer in the headlights mode and don't do any of them. Have you ever been there? Is it just me?
Right now, this is what's on my Home Projects List:
1. Refinish and reupholster this chair, fabric has been bought, just need to DO IT.
2. Reupholster these two chairs; need to choose fabric and order.
3. Paint and reupholster new office chair that I scored at Salvation Army for $30 smackaroos (pictures coming soon!).
4. Paint new desk that I scored on Craigslist for $50 bucks (pictures coming soon!).
5. Sew pretty pouf for office (I just finished one for the living room and can't wait to show you!).
6. Sew fabric bunting for hubby's 30th birthday party.
7. Paint kitchen cabinets and add hardware.
And these are just the pressing projects. I have about 50 more that I want to get done in the next several months. I think part of my problem is that it is SO DAMN HOT out that I can't work in my garage, even with the doors wide open, without having heat stroke.
So what's a girl to do when she has way too many things on her plate but can't get motivated to do it?
Browse Pinterest, of course. And plan more projects.
I told you I had a problem.